Free Backlink Checker Tools
Backlinks are also known as inbound or incoming links, and they are links to your website from another place on the internet. They are extremely useful to search engines, because they give a good indication that a website is popular.
From a Search Engine optimization perspective, links demonstrate a site's popularity. Every time a site links to your pages, it's saying that it finds them worthy of sharing with its readers. When search engine spiders find a site with lots of other sites pointing to it, they conclude that the site provides quality information that should be rewarded with high rankings.
Backlinks should be built slowly. If you create them too quickly, you could appear to be manipulating the rankings and trigger penalties from the search engines.
Best Free Online Backlinks Checker Tools
1. Backlink Checker - Small SEO Tools - The backlink check tool is running a series of tests to determine how many backlinks are pointing to the website or link you entered. Additional information is also being collected including anchor text used, Page Rank of the backlink source, and any potential flags or warnings for each individual link.
2. Backlink Watch greatly helps you to know every bit about your inbound links. It includes anchor text, pagerank, quality of backlinks by finding total outbound links.
3. WebSeoAnalytics - Analyze the incoming links of a specific page and get the important statistics in pie charts. The tool provides information about the anchor text, the follow status and the OBL number of each backlink.
4. WebMeUp backlink tool - WebMeUp is the company behind the world's biggest index of external links.
This is the freshest backlink database available to public. New links are added every second, and full database update happens every 4 weeks, with dead links getting removed. Besides, the smart crawling algo checks more important and dynamic pages more often, so some pages can even be recrawled and links updated every day.
5. Rank Signals - Find and identify your competitors best links. This is one of the most effective link building strategy.
Link Signals like PageRank, Alexa Rank, Internal & External links ratio helps you to evaluate quality & value of links. Rank Signals shows social sharing metrics across major social networks including Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
6. Linkody - Linkody monitors and update your backlinks status 24/7. It notifies you when you loose or get new links. It shows the top backlinks of a domain sorted by rank. You can use this SEO tool to check 2 domains per week.
7. SEOprofiler - SEOprofiler does more than simply watching the overall backlink numbers of your competitors. You can also get a detailed backlink report for each website in your list.
8. iWEBTOOL - Free web tools including webmaster tools. Find backlinks linking to a website and their URL information.
9. SEO and Web Tools - Google Back link Checker tool enables you to know the number of websites who have given a link to your website or webpage.
10. SearchBliss - Free SEO Tools for search engine optimization. SearchBliss is a small company that has been providing free services to webmasters since 2001.