Tumblr is a microblogging site that sits somewhere between Twitter and a traditional blog.
Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything.
Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos from your browser, phone, desktop, email or wherever you happen to be. You can customize everything, from colors to your theme's HTML.
Tumblr is a blogging platform where you can post anything and share pictures, songs, quotes, opinions, or videos. Tumblr is open, allowing you to share posts back and forth between popular apps like , , , and even other blogging platforms.
It works on every mobile operating system, and even allows you to call a phone number to put up a Tumblr post of whatever you say into your phone while you're on the line. It's flexible, and it just might be the best blogging platform ever made. Tumblr has the world's biggest blogging platform
Some Tumblr Tips:
Quick access to blog actions - Roll over an avatar on your Dashboard and click the menu icon to access several blog actions.
Mass edit posts and tags - Edit multiple posts at the same time through your blog's mega-editor. Just click "Mass Post Editor" on the Posts tab.
Peek at post times - Hover over the dog-ear on a post on your Dashboard to see when it was published.
Send Answers to Drafts or Queue - When you've finished answering a question, hold down the Alt key for options to "Queue" or "Save as Draft."
Short URLs - Short urls are great for when you want to share a link to one of your posts but you don't have room for many characters. You can grab the short url for any published post by clicking the gear icon at the top right corner of the post form while you're editing a post.
Reblog to any of your blogs - Just hit reblog on a post on a user's blog, then select the blog you'd like to post to from the top left corner of the post form. You can even reblog any of your own posts to your other blogs.on a post on your Dashboard or
Get feedback, opinions, answers - End a post with a question mark to let the Tumblr community respond to your question. Just check the box that says "Let people answer this" before hitting Publish.
Keyboard shortcuts on the Dashboard:
- Press J to move forward through posts, K to go in reverse, L to like the current post, and N to see a post's notes.
- Press the spacebar to view photosets in a lightbox or start playing a video post.
- Press Shift + R for a fast reblog.
- Press Shift + E to add the post to your Queue.
- Press Z + C to quickly compose a new post.
- Press Z + Tab to quickly switch between your Dashboard and your blogs.
Auto-Post Tumblr to Twitter and Facebook
Log in to the Twitter and/or Facebook accounts you want to connect to Tumblr.
- Click your Tumblr blog’s name at the top of the Dashboard, then the Settings link on the right sidebar.
- For Facebook:
- Click the setup button, which will launch the Tumblr app setup.
- Click Allow to give the app access to basic information.
- Enter your Tumblr URL, then click Start Importing this blog.
- Click Allow when the app asks for permission to post to your wall.
- Your posts will automatically show up on your wall and in friends’ news feeds in truncated form with a link back to your blog.
- For Twitter:
- Click Sign in with Twitter.
- Click Allow to give Tumblr posting permissions.
- All posts will be sent to Twitter, in truncated form, unless you uncheck the Post to Twitter box in the Create Post page.